The objectives of RSTAANZ are:
- To promote the study and teaching of Religious Studies;
- To provide a forum for those interested or engaged in teaching Religious Studies to express views, exchange ideas and share knowledge;
- To represent professionally, the views of teachers of Religious Studies;
- To develop and promote professional learning opportunities for teachers of Religious Studies;
- To liaise with individuals, groups and other associations with an interest in promoting the study of religion and the aims of Religious Studies.
Our Constitution has been confirmed and registered in 2016.
Meet the Interim Executive Committee
Andrew Murray (Acting Chair) DP of Sacred Heart Girls’ College, New Plymouth.
Amjad Ali Assistant Principal, Head of Religious Studies, Digital Technology and Guidance at Al-Madinah School.
Colin MacLeod Former DRS at Kavanagh College, Dunedin. Director of the National Centre of Religious Studies (For Catholic schools).
Linda Aitchison Head of Senior Social Studies at Rosehill College.
NB. As of August 2018 RSTAANZ has co-opted Michelle de Haan as Treasurer. (Wellington based.)
We are very grateful for her willingness to serve the association in this role. (Thanks to Hari Prasaad who resigned as treasurer in 2018.)
(Thanks Maria for joining us in our hour of need. Due to a couple of resignations one interim appointment is still pending. We thank Anita Neilson & Susan Mudford for their work on the exec. and particularly acknowledge the work of Philomena Clare who has returned to Ireland. )